Wednesday, January 20, 2016

The importance of narrative



The importance of narrative is that it grabs the reader's attention. If you are trying to pursued a person or audience, using narration is a great tool because it is interesting. When readers can relate to someone else's writing or story, they are more likely to listen. When readers are attached to the story they are more likely to be open to change, or understanding. Narrative is what gets people listening. 

The way writers use rhetoric to reach the desired audience is getting to their emotions. If you spoke to me about the importance of agriculture I would be listening to you because I love agriculture and it is a huge part of my life. The same goes for people who love a good story. If I were to start speaking about how important food is, I would tell a story about a kid that goes hungry every day. That is how you get their attention.  

No comments:

Post a Comment